Path : About > History and Background
History and Background
- Bang-Tec, Inc. was originally established as the Taipei branch of D.Y. Industries Co. ( "DY" ), a manufacturing and trading company serving the telecommunication product markets of Asia and North America.
- DY having manufacturing partnerships with Sprint Nextel Corp., established a branch office in California during 1998 to service customers in the U.S market.
- DY Taipei branch to spin off from DY and become independent in 2001 and thereafter named Bang-Tec, Inc. (“BTI”). In the same year, the U.S. branch also became independent and has since been known as America Brigh Technology Co., LTD. ( "ABT" ).
- In 2001, BTI established Uni-form Industries Co., a subsidiary in Hong Kong.
- In 2001, BTI established Uni-versal Electronics Co. ( "Uni-versal" ), a manufacturing plant in Chang Zhou, China. The plant was a joint venture project with Uni-on Electronics Co., an unrelated third party. Uni-versal has
authorized capital of USD 3,000,000, BTI holds 65% of the shares, as well as 65% of the voting rights.
- Branch offices in Chang Zhou and Shen Zhen were established in 2002 to ensure high quality and timely customer services can be provided to BTI's customers in China.
- In 2003, several key customers (including Asus, Funai, Panasonic, Siemens, TomTom, Pioneer and Alpine) designated Uni-versal's acoustic components to be the official parts installed in their products.
- In 2006, Uni-versal's OEM and ODM capabilities received the recognition and validation of several international brands. Uni-versal was subsequently engaged by Keyrin and Shinwoo of South Korea as their official acoustic component manufacturer.
- In order to maintain competitive edge and the continuous growth of market share, BTI entered the Indian market and established a branch office in Hyderabad India in 2006. Pending local governmental approval, a BTI subsidiary in India is also in the process of establishment.
- In addition to the offices in Hyderabad, a manufacturing plant in India is also planned for 2008. Together, the BTI facilities in India will oversee the production and assembly of acoustic components/products as well as marketing and
distribution of merchandises within the Indian market.